What would you say to your 21 year old self?
I am grateful to my wonderful niece Bethany who asked me this question when she was compiling a gift for her younger sister who was about to be 21. I recommend that you spend some time thinking about it. For me it started to get to my values and what is important in my life. I had forgotten I had written this and as I was compiling content for my website, Bethany re-sent it to me. It was so good to read what I had written and re-centered me on my purpose and what I was doing here.
Everything I said still counts for me. Have a read of the lessons that I have learnt and maybe start compiling your own. I shall look back on this in a few years and I hope there are one or two things I have learnt in that time that I might add to my list.
- Enjoy the journey-where ever you are; be there
- Attitude is everything
- It is not the wind that blows on you, but the set of your sails that matters
- Work harder on yourself than you do on your job
- Believe in yourself
- You are no better than anyone else, but no one is better than you
- Set goals
- Live with passion
- Listen to “The Secret” by Rhonda Burn
- Read great books
These are all things that I live by now, I don’t know if I would have wanted to know them sooner, because you have to be ready for something to be able to hear it.
I would love to hear from you…drop me a line